Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Maintaining Permanent Residence - Questions 

RTETA
RTETA

Posted On: 2/18/2019
RTETA
RTETA
I and my husband got our PR in July 2016 when we had job with United Nations contract, which will end in 2020.
Since that time we came to Canada four times for short time, but we may not be able to completed 730 days in 5 years from the date we became PR.

We will come in July 2020 to stay and contribute to canada economy.

1.Will it be legal to stay in Canada when our PR have expired, means after July 2021?
2. In our case, we are asking if we can request the renewal of PR in 2022 after spending 2 years in Canada. If the rule remains as it is today, will we be eligible to the get our PR renewed after 2022?
3.Will our children be accepted in school as permanent Residents after PR have expired in 2021 awaiting to complete 2 years in 2022 and request the renewal?
3.Does immigration officer count back 5 years from the date of a PR card renewal application? I mean in our case,if we come in 2020 and remain until 2022 to renew our PR card.

Rose
link
josanamit
josanamit

Posted On: 3/11/2019
josanamit
josanamit
Hi,
I am a Permanent resident currently living in Quebec. I got my pr under Quebec Skilled Worker program. I came to Quebec as a student in 2015 and have acquired pr since September 2018. Can I move to another province or do I have to stay in Quebec
link
Tom and shana
Tom and shana

Posted On: 7/10/2019
Tom and shana
Tom and shana
Not sure if I'm in the right place but I'm an American I have more family in Canada and would like duel citizenship how would I go about applying
link

Posted On: 7/15/2019
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum for your question.

In regards to how to apply for citizenship, you might find useful information in the following article:

How do I apply for Canadian Citizenship? - https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/citizenship/apply-for-canadian-citizenship/how-do-i-apply-for-canadian-citizenship/

We hope that you will find this information useful.

Thank you again for using our forum.
Settlement.Org

Tom and shana wrote:
Not sure if I'm in the right place but I'm an American I have more family in Canada and would like duel citizenship how would I go about applying
link