Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR card Expired while Traveling- Could not Board 

Kamiar
Kamiar

Posted On: 3/5/2019
Kamiar
Kamiar
Hi,

my wife and i went to Mexico for one week vacation last week from Toronto (we are PR and live in Toronto) when i was doing check in to Air Canada to back to Toronto just realized that My PR card has been expired two months ago so I couldn’t get through the flight and stuck in Mexico but my wife recently got her Canadian passport and backed to Toronto,

then I applied as an urgent PRTD in Vfs Mexico city ,

i am wondering if i can expedite my application or do you how long does it take to IRCC issue PRTD?

Appreciate
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/6/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

Kamiar wrote:
Hi,

my wife and i went to Mexico for one week vacation last week from Toronto (we are PR and live in Toronto) when i was doing check in to Air Canada to back to Toronto just realized that My PR card has been expired two months ago so I couldn’t get through the flight and stuck in Mexico but my wife recently got her Canadian passport and backed to Toronto,

then I applied as an urgent PRTD in Vfs Mexico city ,

i am wondering if i can expedite my application or do you how long does it take to IRCC issue PRTD?

Appreciate

1. Very had to expedite an PRTD.
2. Do you have a US visa? If so you could fly to a US city and cross into Canada via non commercial means.
link