Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR card Renewal 

Damashka15
Damashka15

Posted On: 7/1/2019
Damashka15
Damashka15
Hi, we got PR status on Feb 20, 2015, PR cards expire end of March 2020. We entered Canada several times for a short trips before we moved on permanent basis in March 2018.

Now not planning to leave the country, but have a big concern on when and if we comply for renewal of cards.

If counting 5 years from landing date i will have 729 days inside of Canada on Feb 2020.

Should I wait until closer to PR expiry date and apply that time (if count 5 years from any time in March I will have even more than 730 days..)

Thank you in advance!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/2/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

Damashka15 wrote:
Hi, we got PR status on Feb 20, 2015, PR cards expire end of March 2020. We entered Canada several times for a short trips before we moved on permanent basis in March 2018.

Now not planning to leave the country, but have a big concern on when and if we comply for renewal of cards.

If counting 5 years from landing date i will have 729 days inside of Canada on Feb 2020.

Should I wait until closer to PR expiry date and apply that time (if count 5 years from any time in March I will have even more than 730 days..)

Thank you in advance!

1. Wait until you have at least 730 days in Canada in the previous 5 years from your date of Landing.
link