Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGetting Health Care (OHIP)

Health, including mental health, health card (OHIP), addictions, alternative health...

How to get vaccines while waiting for OHIP 

Rikoa
Rikoa

Posted On: 7/18/2019
Rikoa
Rikoa
Hello! My husband, a Canadian citizen, has sponsored me for permanent residence (and I'm approved) and we will be moving with our daughter (who is a dual citizenship but born in the US) to Ontario at the end of September. However my daughter is due for some vaccinations toward mid October. She will be 19 months by then. I see that getting the OHIP card can take up to 3 months... How can I make sure my daughter gets the vaccines she needs? We can't get it any sooner (like before we leave) because the one she needs is done in 2 doses and they must be a certain number of months apart and that's the soonest she can get it. Can we just pay out of pocket for it? How would this even work?

Thank you all!
link

Posted On: 7/19/2019
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum.

In regards to your question, you may find useful information in:

If You Don't Have OHIP - https://settlement.org/ontario/health/ohip-and-health-insurance/if-you-don-t-have-ohip/

We hope that you will find this information helpful.

Thank you,
Settlement.Org

Rikoa wrote:
Hello! My husband, a Canadian citizen, has sponsored me for permanent residence (and I'm approved) and we will be moving with our daughter (who is a dual citizenship but born in the US) to Ontario at the end of September. However my daughter is due for some vaccinations toward mid October. She will be 19 months by then. I see that getting the OHIP card can take up to 3 months... How can I make sure my daughter gets the vaccines she needs? We can't get it any sooner (like before we leave) because the one she needs is done in 2 doses and they must be a certain number of months apart and that's the soonest she can get it. Can we just pay out of pocket for it? How would this even work?

Thank you all!
link