Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Renouncing of PR Status 

manjitvirk
manjitvirk

Posted On: 10/2/2019
manjitvirk
manjitvirk
Hello,
I got PR in year 2003. Due to certain reasons was not able to maintain PR. In July 2019 I applied for Temporary Resident VISA for CANADA.

Visa officer, saying that since U R permanent resident of Canada, we cannot issue U temporary visa. He gave me options to either renounce PR or reapply or leave both.

As I did not met resident obligations in last 16years so I opted Renouncing of my PR and Visa Officer issued me multi entry Temporary Resident Visa till expiry of my passport ie till 2021. I M in Canada these days.

My question now is,

Can I reapply or request Visa Officer to reconsider my case of PR which I renounced 2months ago.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 10/2/2019
PMM
PMM
Hi

manjitvirk wrote:
Hello,
I got PR in year 2003. Due to certain reasons was not able to maintain PR. In July 2019 I applied for Temporary Resident VISA for CANADA.

Visa officer, saying that since U R permanent resident of Canada, we cannot issue U temporary visa. He gave me options to either renounce PR or reapply or leave both.

As I did not met resident obligations in last 16years so I opted Renouncing of my PR and Visa Officer issued me multi entry Temporary Resident Visa till expiry of my passport ie till 2021. I M in Canada these days.

My question now is,

Can I reapply or request Visa Officer to reconsider my case of PR which I renounced 2months ago.

1. No, it is too late, you were given the opportunity to apply for a PRTD, and if refused, be given appeal rights. You choose to renounce your PR status.
2. You would have to apply and qualify again for PR.
link
fwd_shah
fwd_shah

Posted On: 10/7/2019
fwd_shah
fwd_shah
HI Every one

I have a query. I got PR in oct 2014, spent one month and get back to my country due to some reasons. I got married in May 2015, and now I am father of two. I returned to Canada on October 2019, a few days earlier of my PR expiry. my question is what is my legal status now, I did not inform CIC about my marital status. How can I inform them, plz guide.

Regards
link
Rachna
Rachna

Posted On: 6/11/2020
Rachna
Rachna
Hello manjitvirk

In how many days could you renounce pr .
Was it difficult or time consuming.
Did you submit application by mail or online
link