Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsoring Child and Wife - Did not Inform IRCC 

fwd_shah
fwd_shah

Posted On: 10/8/2019
fwd_shah
fwd_shah
Hi

I availed PR in oct 2014, i was not married at that time. I spent one month in canada and returned back due to some reasons. Meanwhile i got married and have 2 kids now.

I landed again in canada on Oct 2,, 2019, a few days earlier to PR expiry date. I did not inform the CIC about my status.

my questions is what is my legal status now,, and how to inform CIC about my legal status and marital status.

Regards
link
ConnieCL
ConnieCL

Posted On: 10/9/2019
ConnieCL
ConnieCL
09 Oct. 2019

Last Sept. 9 , 2019 I read about Pilot exempting certain family members from lifetime sponsorship ban. This is supposed to be a 2 year pilot program of Canada.

My case: my son whom I sponsored to migrate to Canada did not declare his son when he came over. Now he wants to sponsor his minor son. I have searched and searched the web looking for guidelines on the process and the application forms to be filled up but I couldn't find any. Could somebody please HELP me how my son could sponsor his undeclared son under this new pilot program of IRCC? Thank you in advance.
link