Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Problem in WES evaluation 

Abhipri
Abhipri

Posted On: 12/5/2019
Abhipri
Abhipri
Hi,

I just received my WES evaluation, which says that my PGDM is done from a non recognised organisation.

But my batchmate who did his WES evaluation 2years ago, his WES evaluation says it's recognised.

I don't understand that how can a same course done by 2 individual from the same institute, receive different report from WES!!
link

Posted On: 12/5/2019
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum to share your question.

In regards to your question you may find useful information in:

Where can I get my international credentials evaluated for employment?

https://settlement.org/ontario/education/evaluate-my-credentials/credential-evaluation/where-can-i-get-my-international-credentials-evaluated-for-employment/

Where can I get my international credentials evaluated for education?

https://settlement.org/ontario/education/evaluate-my-credentials/credential-evaluation/where-can-i-get-my-international-credentials-evaluated-for-education/

https://www.wes.org/ca/contact-us/

We hope that you find this information useful.

Thank you
Settlement.Org

Abhipri wrote:
Hi,

I just received my WES evaluation, which says that my PGDM is done from a non recognised organisation.

But my batchmate who did his WES evaluation 2years ago, his WES evaluation says it's recognised.

I don't understand that how can a same course done by 2 individual from the same institute, receive different report from WES!!
link
asmamuqbool
asmamuqbool

Posted On: 12/21/2019
asmamuqbool
asmamuqbool
Hi,

I Have applied for Equivalency through WES but i just checked now my university coming on C Category

Category (A) – Institutions That Meet The Major Requirements
Category (B) – Institutions With Minor Shortfalls, Expected to Meet the Cabinet Criteria by 2007
Category (C) – Institutions That Do Not Meet the Requirements
Category (D) – Institutions That Are Seriously Deficient

This category was made on 2007 December and after that no update its now 2019 December and i did my MBA in 2014 June i am afraid i am going to get letter from The WES "not recognized university"

What else option i have should i wait or apply Comparative Education Service (CES) at the University of Toront as per my research they have 4 university band in Pakistan and for them not providing CES report.

Kindly advice me.

Thank you,
Asma
Karachi-Pk

link
KEmran
KEmran

Posted On: 3/3/2021
KEmran
KEmran
When you start the process for assessment tool on WES website, it shows Pakistan but when you try the free evaluation tool for degree evaluation it does not shows Pakistan afterward.

The WES used to be a very decent assessment organization many years ago, but right now, I have seen an increasing number of problems reported by students from Pakistan that WES only provided equivalency up to bachelors level whereas students have completed 18 years of education with four years bachelors and two years master from Pakistani Universities.

I strongly suggest to try using IQAS, it is the best alternate Canadian assessment organization, Completely recognized and accepted by all employers and the Canadian Government.

The WES provides service to the US and Canada and doesn't care or consider re-evaluation if the assessment was done incorrectly from the WES side; however, IQAS only provides service to Canada and more focus on the Canadian requirement.
link