Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Registering A Business On COPR 

vp90
vp90

Posted On: 12/13/2019
vp90
vp90
Hello,

Is it allowed to register for a business while still on CoPR?
I have received my CoPR and planning to move to Canada soon.

I am wondering if I can get the process of starting a business started before I move there.
link

Posted On: 1/17/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We appreciate your interest in this type of information. Starting a business is an exciting endeavour, and you may find Settlement.Org articles on starting a business helpful.

There are a few ways you can start a business between starting a franchise, buying an existing business, and starting your own business. You may find the Settlement.Org article What options do I have to start a business in Ontario? helpful.

There is work and research that you can start in preparation for your move, but In Ontario, you will only need to register your business name within 60 days of opening your business. Read more about business licensing and regulations here.

You may also be interested in the Business Guide for Newcomers to Canada. If you want to start a business in Ontario, this guide will help you understand the government resources that are available to you. It has information about choosing your business structure, regulations, taxation and more.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here:

https://discuss.settlement.org/default.aspx

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link