Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

How many times can Ceremony be rescheduled? 

alliekatt
alliekatt

Posted On: 1/16/2020
alliekatt
alliekatt
My husband has applied for his Canadian Citizenship and completed/passed his test in December 2019. He had an invite to do the ceremony the first week on January 2020 and he rescheduled because we are out of the country. (We thought it would be about 3-4 months until he had a ceremony invite!) They have rescheduled him for first week of February and we are still out of the country. My question is, is there a limit on the amount of times he can reschedule? We are back in Canada end of March.

Thank you!
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/21/2020
PMM
PMM
Hi

alliekatt wrote:
My husband has applied for his Canadian Citizenship and completed/passed his test in December 2019. He had an invite to do the ceremony the first week on January 2020 and he rescheduled because we are out of the country. (We thought it would be about 3-4 months until he had a ceremony invite!) They have rescheduled him for first week of February and we are still out of the country. My question is, is there a limit on the amount of times he can reschedule? We are back in Canada end of March.
Thank you!

1. Here is what CIC says

"
If you’re not available on the day of your ceremony, send us a message to explain why and get a new date. If you don’t give an explanation or your explanation isn’t reasonable, we may stop processing your application and not grant you citizenship."
link