Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

Social insurance number updates 

anusheelwason
anusheelwason

Posted On: 1/30/2020
anusheelwason
anusheelwason
Hi whenever i apply for govt jobs in Canada and provide my SIN it keeps showing that i have to contact service canada. While i had got my sin no right after i landed at Toronto airport after immigration.

What to do.
link

Posted On: 1/31/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

It is best that you contact Service Canada directly.

Canada Toll-free: 1-800-206-7218 (select option "3")
Canada TTY: 1-800-926-9105
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. local time
Closed statutory holidays.

Service Canada is now issuing SINs in paper format (confirmation of SIN letter). Production of the plastic SIN card has stopped, however, SIN cards that are not expired and are currently in circulation can still be used.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link
Dusty
Dusty

Posted On: 2/4/2020
Dusty
Dusty
Hi I am a Canadian Citizen who has been living abroad for 20+ years. Last year I started to receive my OAP & CPP pensions. I would like to access a My Service Canada Account to monitor my pensions. For this I need a PAC. I am told that I must reactivate my SIN in order to do this. I was advised to call 800 206 7218 option 3. After listening to a range of options which are not applicable to me, I was told to press 0 to speak to an agent. On doing this the line went dead with just an occassional click. After 15 minutes of silence I hung up. I have repeated this experience on four occasions so far without once hearing a live voice.
I would be grateful if you can offer any suggestions as to how I can circumvent this dead end?
link