Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Citizenship application - initial confirmation 

Guj2019
Guj2019

Posted On: 2/4/2020
Guj2019
Guj2019
Hey,

I had applied for canadian citizenship almost a month ago - in all my previous interactions with the Canadian immigration (work permit, pr etc) i would receive the initial confirmation of acceptance of application max by 2-3 weeks. however, i have not received any email, although, i did send the application via courier and have the signed copy from the courier indicating the application was delivered.

If anybody here could advise how long it usually takes? and if the form of communication is usually email (if provided) or mail?

Thanks in advance for all your help :)
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 2/5/2020
PMM
PMM
Hi

Guj2019 wrote:
Hey,

I had applied for canadian citizenship almost a month ago - in all my previous interactions with the Canadian immigration (work permit, pr etc) i would receive the initial confirmation of acceptance of application max by 2-3 weeks. however, i have not received any email, although, i did send the application via courier and have the signed copy from the courier indicating the application was delivered.

If anybody here could advise how long it usually takes? and if the form of communication is usually email (if provided) or mail?

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

1. 2-3 months usually for an AOR
link