Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeESL - Language and Literacy

English as a Second Language, LINC, Language Assessment, Translation and Interpretation, Literacy...

Can I take upa course from OntarioTeaching College 

CASILDA
CASILDA

Posted On: 2/11/2020
CASILDA
CASILDA
Dear Madam

I am an Indian .I am 60+.If I am already a teacher of English.Can I do a course from the Ontario Teaching College and obtain a certificate to teach online ?Do I stand a chance to get online teaching jobs. Infact I want to come to Ontario to work after getting my PR.But I doubt my eligibility.
Kindly advise me.
Thank you
CASILDA
link

Posted On: 3/17/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

The eligibility criteria to teach in Ontario may vary between job titles. Teaching in a public school is a regulated profession in Ontario, but there are alternative career choices for those looking to stay in the field.

You may also be interested in pre-arrival services, to support you in the transition. Some of which are offered online.
Here is an excerpt from the Settlement.Org article What are pre-arrival services?:
Pre-arrival services offer information to better understand life in Canada, how to find a job, and how to access other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada. Some programs offer specific information according to your profession or destination, such as language training and essential skills training in the workplace.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Settlement.Org Team
link