Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

COPR and Visa validity 

divyahuria
divyahuria

Posted On: 3/16/2020
divyahuria
divyahuria
Dear Team,

I have received my COPR and visa on 26/02/2020 with validity of mid April,2020. However my medical reports were valid till mid June,2020. There are lot of travel restrictions being placed by many countries due to spread of COVID-19.

How long is my COPR and visa valid. Also I need to understand is there extensions allowed on COPR and Visa as this is my first landing in Canada and I need to enter to have my PR card.

There are some updates on twitter page of IRCC that PR landing appointments are cancelled till April13, 2020.

Please advise.
link

Posted On: 4/28/2020
Hello Vivya,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You may find helpful information in IRCC’s article, How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services: immigration applicants.

Here is an excerpt:
Permanent residence applications approved on or before March 18, 2020
If your application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, but you haven’t travelled to Canada yet, you’re exempt from the travel restriction measures.

Landing appointments will be held by telephone, if possible.
We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until further notice. All landing appointments will be done by telephone whenever possible. Otherwise, we’ll reschedule them for later.
[...]
Approved permanent resident applicants with expired or expiring documents
If we already approved your permanent resident application but you can't travel to Canada before your documents expire, use the Web form to tell us why you can’t travel.

Once it’s possible for you to travel, use the Web form to let us know so we can tell you what to do next.

Landing appointments are still being held over the phone, and given that your application was approved before March 18, 2020, you may be exempt from travel restrictions. You may also want to contact IRCC directly with a case-specific inquiry. In which case, it is best to use their web form, here.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Settlement.Org Team
link
K2kel
K2kel

Posted On: 5/10/2020
K2kel
K2kel
Good evening , I receive my VISA and COPR and they made a mistake on my name with one letter is missing.They spelled my name incorrectly, the M is missing . Can i land with the it. I just want to know if they can correct it in port of entry in canada
link

Posted On: 6/2/2020
K2kel wrote:
Good evening , I receive my VISA and COPR and they made a mistake on my name with one letter is missing.They spelled my name incorrectly, the M is missing . Can i land with the it. I just want to know if they can correct it in port of entry in canada

Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You may find helpful information in IRCC’s Help Centre article: How do I correct an error on my immigration document?
If there is an error on your immigration document:
An amendment will only be made if your document does not match the personal information in your entry passport.

You may want to file this request before landing. Feel free to also contact IRCC using their web form to make a case-specific inquiry about this process.

We hope this information is helpful, and hope other users are able to share their experience.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link