Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

Study and job search 

Fariba
Fariba

Posted On: 3/17/2020
Fariba
Fariba
Hi ! I landed in Toronto 4 days ago as anew immigrant.After coming here,the situation is getting a bit tensed.So,we are staying at home and concentrating on finding jobs.

I have done my undergrad on telecommunication engineering and post graduation on business administration.After that,I worked as a teacher for 7 years in junior school.I have also completed a one year teaching certification course in Bangladesh.

Now,if I want to work as a teacher in Toronto its not possible here as they need a 2 years certification course as far I know.I just don't want to study for that long again.So,can you suggest me that in which type of jobs I should apply so that I can get jobs as early as possible?Which path should I follow to get a good career here in Toronto?

p.s:I can do 6 months diploma courses.You can suggest me some of the courses which can be beneficial.

Thanks for all the support.

Thanking you
Fariba
link

Posted On: 3/24/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Teaching in a public school is a regulated profession in Ontario, but there are alternative career choices for those looking to stay in the field.

For course selection, it may be a good idea to seek the advice of an employment counsellor at a settlement agency. You can find services near you for employment services here.

You may also be interested in reading more about Employment in Ontario. Settlement.Org has articles like What are alternative jobs?, Why should I get help to find work? and Where can I get my international credentials evaluated for employment? that may help you in your search.

We hope that other users will be able to share their experience regarding the job search in Ontario for teachers.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link
Fariba
Fariba

Posted On: 3/24/2020
Fariba
Fariba
Thank you :-)
link