Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

How much time do I need to get a PR card? 

falconstamp
falconstamp

Posted On: 4/14/2020
falconstamp
falconstamp
hi there
please
now i am refuge claimant waiting my hearing court
if court accept me and i apply for PR
how much time i need to get PR card
and is the period since i apply for refuge to hearing (e.g one year )
accounted in needed PR period
link

Posted On: 5/25/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us. According to the Settlement.Org article, Frequently Asked Questions about the Permanent Resident Card:

If you are a new permanent resident, IRCC will mail you the PR card once you arrive in Canada. You do not need to apply for a PR card if you are a new permanent resident.

If you did not provide a mailing address when you became a permanent resident, you must send Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada your address through IRCC’s online tool within 180 days of the day on which you became a permanent resident. If you do not do this, IRCC will cancel the PR card and you will have to apply for another one and pay the processing fees.

If you do not receive your PR card within six weeks of giving IRCC your Canadian address, you should let IRCC know.

You will not need to apply for a PR card as a new permanent resident. Be certain to provide IRCC with your address through IRCC’s online tool within 180 days of the day on which you become a permanent resident.

You may also find helpful information in the IRCC help centre articles, How do I validate a Confirmation of Permanent Residence or a permanent resident visa if I live in Canada? and I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?

You may also want to contact a Lawyer or a reputable, registered Immigration Consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration issues for some advice and assistance with this process.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link