Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

Searching for a job at Canada 

Divya Selladurai
Divya Selladurai

Posted On: 4/18/2020
I am Divya Selladurai from India, and I am searching for a job at Canada for me and my husband. Also I had two years of experience in teaching and my husband having 9 years of experience in tire building work. So anybody knows about job related to our qualification or need of employees like us please tell us
link
Muhammad Kashif
Muhammad Kashif

Posted On: 4/30/2020
Muhammad Kashif
Muhammad Kashif
I am Muhammad Kashif from Italy I m metal machanic and a welder in italy.i am married I m looking job in canada so anybody help me to find a job in canada
link

Posted On: 5/21/2020
Muhammad Kashif wrote:
I am Muhammad Kashif from Italy I m metal machanic and a welder in italy.i am married I m looking job in canada so anybody help me to find a job in canada

Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Both welding and mechanic work are regulated trades. This means you would need your trade experience recognized to pursue work in that field. The College of Trades also has a detailed guide on Trade Equivalency Assessment & Credential Recognition that may be helpful.

If you are looking for alternative work, the Alternative Jobs section on Settlement.Org has information about nearly 50 alternative jobs for certain regulated professions as well.

In the meantime, you may want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section.

It may help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link

Posted On: 5/21/2020
Divya Selladurai wrote:
I am Divya Selladurai from India, and I am searching for a job at Canada for me and my husband. Also I had two years of experience in teaching and my husband having 9 years of experience in tire building work. So anybody knows about job related to our qualification or need of employees like us please tell us

Hello There,

The eligibility criteria to teach in Ontario may vary between job titles. Teaching, engineering and many other professions and trades are considered regulated professions in Ontario. There are still alternative career choices for those looking to stay in their field. Finding work in a new country can be challenging, you may also want to look through Settlement.Org articles on job listings to help you find work.

As stated above in this thread, you may want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section.

It may help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

Settlement.Org Team
link
kuldeep27
kuldeep27

Posted On: 5/22/2020
kuldeep27
kuldeep27
Hi

Greeting of the Day

My Name is Kuldeep Kumar I am from India. Currently i am in UAE and I am looking for a job in Canada. I have total 14 year experience in Hospitality & Restaurant.

Kindly extend your support

Thanks
link
Suman
Suman

Posted On: 5/24/2020
Suman
Suman
Hi,

I am Suman, an International student in Kingston, Canada ON. I was a staff Nurse Back in India. I am doing the Health Care Administration, which is going to finish in July 2020. So I need a job in this field for immigration purposes, I am looking for Administration Assistant. Even I am ready to do work for free to gain the initial experience. After completion I can work as regular. Plz, Help me if anyone can do it. Other than this if anyone has a supervisor level job in any field.
Thanks
Suman
link

Posted On: 5/28/2020
kuldeep27 wrote:
Hi

Greeting of the Day

My Name is Kuldeep Kumar I am from India. Currently i am in UAE and I am looking for a job in Canada. I have total 14 year experience in Hospitality & Restaurant.

Kindly extend your support

Thanks

Hello There,

Finding work in a new country can be challenging, it may be worth looking into pre-arrival services.

Pre-arrival services offer information to better understand life in Canada, how to find a job, and how to access other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada. Some programs offer specific information according to your profession or destination, such as language training and essential skills training in the workplace.

You may also want to look through Settlement.Org articles on job listings to help you find work. Once you arrive, you may want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

Settlement.Org Team
link

Posted On: 5/28/2020
Suman wrote:
Hi,

I am Suman, an International student in Kingston, Canada ON. I was a staff Nurse Back in India. I am doing the Health Care Administration, which is going to finish in July 2020. So I need a job in this field for immigration purposes, I am looking for Administration Assistant. Even I am ready to do work for free to gain the initial experience. After completion I can work as regular. Plz, Help me if anyone can do it. Other than this if anyone has a supervisor level job in any field.
Thanks
Suman

Hi Suman,

Thank you for sharing your situation with us.

While the above advice may be helpful in your situation, you may also want to connect with an employment counsellor to find work in your specialty.

You can find a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section. It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
coolbjones
coolbjones

Posted On: 6/17/2020
coolbjones
coolbjones
I am in a similar situation, what helped?
link