Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeElementary and Secondary School

Adult Education, Elementary and Secondary School...

High school enrolment dates 

Kat2020
Kat2020

Posted On: 5/27/2020
Kat2020
Kat2020
What is the deadline to register for a high school and to choose courses? I am moving to Oakville for 2020 academic year and have a G9 and G11. I want to make sure we haven't missed any important dates that will affect their choice of courses. Thank you.
link

Posted On: 6/1/2020
Kat2020 wrote:
What is the deadline to register for a high school and to choose courses? I am moving to Oakville for 2020 academic year and have a G9 and G11. I want to make sure we haven't missed any important dates that will affect their choice of courses. Thank you.

Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Ontario has 4 free public schooling systems, English Public schools, English Catholic schools, French-language Public schools, and French-language Catholic schools.

Oakville is a part of the Halton District School Board. You can find information on how to enrol your children here. You may also find information on how to enrol your child Halton’s Catholic District School Board here.

Attendance in public school will be determined by home address. It is best that you contact the school directly once your children are enrolled for information on course selection.

In the meantime, you may be interested in this Settlement.Org article on high school and course choices which shares a Parent Tip Sheet from People for Education. You may also find additional resources on Settlement.Org on Education helpful in supporting your children through elementary and secondary school.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link