Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

Help finding a job in Mechanical Engineering 

coolbjones
coolbjones

Posted On: 6/17/2020
coolbjones
coolbjones
I am looking for a job in mechanical engineering in the GTA and having a hard time making my cover letter and resume competitive. Without interviews I dont know what to do or how I can live here, it is very expensive to live here. I'm very worried.
link

Posted On: 6/29/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

Finding work can be challenging, you may want to look through Settlement.Org articles on job listings to help you find work. You may also wish to seek the support of an employment counsellor for help with your cover letter and resume.

A number of settlement services are providing intake appointments online and over the phone to support clients remotely. You may want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section. Settlement agencies can also help you find financial assistance options.

It may help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

Settlement.Org also has a Financial Assistance section, where you can find information on various government programs and financial supports you may be eligible for.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link
coolbjones
coolbjones

Posted On: 6/30/2020
coolbjones
coolbjones
Thank you moderator
link

Posted On: 6/30/2020
Thank you for sharing your question with the discussion forum. We hope that you found the information helpful, please feel free to share updates or ask more questions here in the discussion forum.

Sincerely,

The Settlement.Org Team
link