Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Are settlement funds taxed? 

pkvenky
pkvenky

Posted On: 7/3/2020
pkvenky
pkvenky
I made my first entry in September 2019 under spousal sponsorship category, obtained my PR card, opened a bank account and left Canada the following month as I am working abroad. I plan to move permanently to Canada later this year. I want to know if the settlement funds I will be bringing along with me will be taxed.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/4/2020
PMM
PMM
Hi

pkvenky wrote:
I made my first entry in September 2019 under spousal sponsorship category, obtained my PR card, opened a bank account and left Canada the following month as I am working abroad. I plan to move permanently to Canada later this year. I want to know if the settlement funds I will be bringing along with me will be taxed.

1. No.
link

Posted On: 7/15/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

In addition to PMM’s response, you may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles How do I bring money into Canada (proof of funds)? and I am immigrating to Canada. How do I bring my belongings with me?.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link

Posted On: 7/15/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

In addition to PMM’s response, you may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles How do I bring money into Canada (proof of funds)? and I am immigrating to Canada. How do I bring my belongings with me?.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link