Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card Application Processing 

Rose
Rose

Posted On: 7/22/2020
Rose
Rose
Hello,

I submitted my PR card application and UPS confirmed its delivered to the case processing center on 1 June 2020. I have been checking the online application processing status on IRCC's website but until today my application is not showing up. Is this normal given that it is almost a month and a half since delivery date?

Thank you.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/22/2020
PMM
PMM
HI

Rose wrote:
Hello,

I submitted my PR card application and UPS confirmed its delivered to the case processing center on 1 June 2020. I have been checking the online application processing status on IRCC's website but until today my application is not showing up. Is this normal given that it is almost a month and a half since delivery date?

Thank you.

1, You realize the posted processing time is 137 days? Your application won't show up until it is sent for processing in Sydney, somewhere around October.
link
Rose
Rose

Posted On: 8/28/2020
Rose
Rose
Hi,

I tried linking my application to my online account, however, only the application that was submitted five years ago when I first became a PR shows up. I tried a couple of time with multiple application details identifiers however I get the same thing. Is this normal? All I want is to confirm that CIC received my application.

Thanks
link

Posted On: 9/2/2020
Hi Rose,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We can appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information.

It is best that you contact the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) directly for an update on your application. You can contact them here: 1-888-242-2100 (In Canada Only) or by web form.

You can also find some information specific to processing times on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

We hope this information is helpful.

Settlement.Org Team
link
Dashna
Dashna

Posted On: 1/11/2021
Dashna
Dashna
I submitted my PR application in Dec, 2018. I was asked to send my passport to IRCC in Jan, 2020 which was sent right away, but I received it back in 3 months without visa and there is no update until now. According to IRCC the processing time for my application is 6 months, but I am waiting more than two years already. When I call IRCC, they notify me that I have to wait as due to the COVID 19 everything is late. I understand that the COVID 19 is the main reason but I am wondering about the time. As IRCC never says even approximate time how long have to I wait. Is it normal that instead of six months, more than two years was gone? Whom can I apply for help? (I submitted the web form and called many times to IRCC already) thank you
link
diaspora
diaspora

Posted On: 1/15/2021
diaspora
diaspora
Dashna wrote:
I submitted my PR application in Dec, 2018. I was asked to send my passport to IRCC in Jan, 2020 which was sent right away, but I received it back in 3 months without visa and there is no update until now. According to IRCC the processing time for my application is 6 months, but I am waiting more than two years already. When I call IRCC, they notify me that I have to wait as due to the COVID 19 everything is late. I understand that the COVID 19 is the main reason but I am wondering about the time. As IRCC never says even approximate time how long have to I wait. Is it normal that instead of six months, more than two years was gone? Whom can I apply for help? (I submitted the web form and called many times to IRCC already) thank you

Hi, you mention that they sent the passport back to you with no visa - was there any notification with this?
link
Dashna
Dashna

Posted On: 1/17/2021
Dashna
Dashna
Diaspora wrote: Hi, you mention that they sent the passport back to you with no visa - was there any notification with this?

Thank you Diaspora for your reply with the question.
I received the passport with the copy of letter together which I received on Jan, 2020 requiring sending the passport and which I sent then with my passport.
link