Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

How do I get my Credential Evaluated as a Plumber? 

ForumUser
ForumUser

Posted On: 9/17/2020
ForumUser
ForumUser
Good afternoon, kindly guide how l can do my credentials evaluation, l am a plumber by profession back home, please how can l apply for Certificate for Qualification without writing exams.

Thanks, please guide me.
link

Posted On: 9/28/2020
ForumUser wrote:
Good afternoon, kindly guide how l can do my credentials evaluation, l am a plumber by profession back home, please how can l apply for Certificate for Qualification without writing exams.

Thanks, please guide me.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

Since you have experience in the trade, you may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article How do I get my trade experience recognized in Ontario? Plumbing is a regulated skilled trade in Ontario that you will need a certificate of qualification to work.
A Certificate of Qualification is required to work in regulated skilled trades. Some unregulated skilled trades also require a Certificate of Qualification. You can only apply for this certification if:

You will need to either pass a trade equivalency assessment based on your years of experience or do an apprenticeship to earn a certificate of qualification in plumbing.

I hope this clarifies the process for credential evaluation in the Ontario trades. If you have any other questions, please feel free to follow up with us.

Thank you,

Your Settlement.Org team
link