Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Sponsoring sibling with disability 

sndgrcia
sndgrcia

Posted On: 10/7/2020
sndgrcia
sndgrcia
We would like to sponsor a grown-up (above age limit for dependent) brother who is deaf/mute. He does have certificate in trade skill and work experience. He is from non-English speaking country and communicates with sign language, which may not be standardized ASL. I would like to know if he could be qualified as Federal Skilled trade worker stream or possibly through a different program, such as study program for disables. His parents (my in-laws) are still present and we are also trying to sponsor through parent sponsorship. Any information would be great as I had been unable to find anything specifics in regards to sponsoring someone with disability.
Thank you.
link

Posted On: 10/21/2020
Hi there,

You may find helpful information on Sponsorship here on Settlement.Org. We have some articles on immigration and pathways to citizenship. It may be best to consult with an immigration lawyer You may want to contact a Lawyer or a reputable, registered Immigration Consultant who is familiar with Canadian immigration issues for some advice and assistance with this process.

For assistance finding a lawyer, you may want to contact 211 and speak to a Community Resource Navigator. They may be able to refer you to community legal services in your area.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here. Take care, and let us know if you are looking for more information and/or support.

Sincerely,

Settlement.Org Team
link