Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeProfessions and Trades

Information and questions related to employment in professions and trades, regulated and unregulated, in Ontario.

career change 

jellybelly12
jellybelly12

Posted On: 10/29/2020
jellybelly12
jellybelly12
I applied for EI but I need help looking for jobs. I’m 25 years old and need a career, I want to change fields but school is expensive. It looks like opportunities are all in computer technology. How do I gain the qualification?
link
jellybelly12
jellybelly12

Posted On: 10/29/2020
jellybelly12
jellybelly12
Also, do I need to go back to school to work in this field? Can a bootcamp replace further schooling if I already have a degree?
link

Posted On: 11/9/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

There are many pathways to success, and you may want to discuss your options (between boot camp, college, etc.) with an employment counsellor.

A number of settlement services are providing intake appointments online and over the phone to support clients remotely. You may want to connect with a settlement agency that provides employment services using our Services Near Me section. Settlement agencies can also help you find financial assistance options.

It may help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

If you are looking for work in the meantime, you may also want to look through Settlement.Org articles on job listings. We hope this information is helpful, and are wishing you the best of luck in this endeavour. Please feel free to follow up with us with an update on your situation, or if you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Settlement.Org Team

link