Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLegal Services and Human Rights

Courts, Human Rights, Lawyers and Legal Representation, Community Legal Clinics, Legal Aid, Police...

Can I travel alone? 

Navya
Navya

Posted On: 1/8/2021
Navya
Navya
Hello, I am an indian citizen female married to canadian citizen guy. I got my PR. I am in india now and my husband is in toronto. My husband sent me email of seperation. I wanted to come to canada since have my PR. My question is that can I come to toronto alone?
link
Simon123
Simon123

Posted On: 1/12/2021
Simon123
Simon123
I wish I had an answer to your question.
link

Posted On: 1/12/2021
Navya wrote:
Hello, I am an indian citizen female married to canadian citizen guy. I got my PR. I am in india now and my husband is in toronto. My husband sent me email of seperation. I wanted to come to canada since have my PR. My question is that can I come to toronto alone?

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us,

You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, How does divorce affect my immigration status?. Here is an excerpt:
If you are a permanent resident (landed immigrant) or citizen, you generally cannot lose your status or be removed from Canada because your relationship has ended. There are some exceptions for permanent residents.

However, if you lie to a court of law about the length or evolution of your relationship, this may affect your immigration status.

Generally, divorce or separation will not affect your immigration status. It may be best that you seek the advice of a lawyer experienced in immigration and family law. You may find the article What are my rights if I get separated or divorced? and this Steps to Justice list on getting legal help in Family Law helpful.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

The Settlement.Org Team
link