Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

WES Evaluation 

Kutin
Kutin

Posted On: 1/15/2021
Kutin
Kutin
To Whom It May Concern

Dear Sir, I have completed my Bechelor of Arts degree from Sangai International University,Manipur but the University is not showing in WES list. How can I apply for WES evaluation? Please do guide.
link

Posted On: 1/31/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It is best that you contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

For information about contacting WES, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful. You may also want to visit Settlement.Org for articles on credential evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Manasa Manjunath
Manasa Manjunath

Posted On: 4/23/2021
Hello,

I am interested in applying in Masters degree from USA. I have pursued B.Com degree and along with it pursued this professional course called Chartered Accountancy till IPCC ( Intermediate level AKA IPCE ). Usually most of the USA universities require a 4 year US equivalent degree. So my doubt was will IPCC be considered as a degree? I am only asking for USA masters degree evaluation only.
link
Eldho George
Eldho George

Posted On: 4/29/2021
Eldho George
Eldho George
Hello,
I have completed a degree in Batchelor of Fine Arts from RLV college which is affiliated with MG university My course was a total of 4 years from India.

In our college's academic system, 1st and 4th-year transcripts were issued by the MG university and the middle two years’ exams were conducted by the college internally, based on the university guidelines. Hence the mark list was issued by the college itself.

I have submitted 1st and 4-year university transcript and 2 and 3-year college transcript together for WES evaluation and it got rejected twice.

I then contacted the WES Canada help center, and got the following reply:
“World Education Services (WES) requires annual mark sheets / statement of marks issued and attested by the institution that conducted the examinations. The mark sheets / statements of marks must be sent directly to WES by institution in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer. WES will not accept documents sent by colleges, students themselves, third party agents, or anyone else.”
With much difficulty and processing, I contacted the officials in my college and university and was able to send the requested files by mail to WES, abiding by all the requirements.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

link

Posted On: 4/30/2021
Manasa Manjunath wrote:
Hello,

I am interested in applying in Masters degree from USA. I have pursued B.Com degree and along with it pursued this professional course called Chartered Accountancy till IPCC ( Intermediate level AKA IPCE ). Usually most of the USA universities require a 4 year US equivalent degree. So my doubt was will IPCC be considered as a degree? I am only asking for USA masters degree evaluation only.

Hi there,

It is best that you follow the steps above and contact WES directly for information specific to their evaluations and your program. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link

Posted On: 4/30/2021
Eldho George wrote:
Hello,
I have completed a degree in Batchelor of Fine Arts from RLV college which is affiliated with MG university My course was a total of 4 years from India.

In our college's academic system, 1st and 4th-year transcripts were issued by the MG university and the middle two years’ exams were conducted by the college internally, based on the university guidelines. Hence the mark list was issued by the college itself.

I have submitted 1st and 4-year university transcript and 2 and 3-year college transcript together for WES evaluation and it got rejected twice.

I then contacted the WES Canada help center, and got the following reply:
“World Education Services (WES) requires annual mark sheets / statement of marks issued and attested by the institution that conducted the examinations. The mark sheets / statements of marks must be sent directly to WES by institution in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer. WES will not accept documents sent by colleges, students themselves, third party agents, or anyone else.”
With much difficulty and processing, I contacted the officials in my college and university and was able to send the requested files by mail to WES, abiding by all the requirements.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Hi there,

It is best that you follow the steps above and contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form. You may also find information on the complaints process at WES helpful from the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report.

Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Kamaljit
Kamaljit

Posted On: 5/15/2021
Kamaljit
Kamaljit
Hi. Writing from PH. I have a quick question. I just completed my Masters degree and ready to do WES now. As I was checking their tool for degree equivalency, I noticed that we need to indicate the years of our study. The problem is, instead of finishing my degree within 2 years -- allotted time of the University. I ended up earing it in 5 years. What should I indicate? The allotted time or the time I spent completing my degree.
link
humerah80
humerah80

Posted On: 7/15/2021
humerah80
humerah80
Hello Moderator,

I did B.A,LL.B (5 years integrated) and was given a dual bachelors (4 years) evaluation by WES.
It freaked me out originally because I expected my ECA to give me a 'professional degree' evaluation.
But body of evaluation shows as follows:

Credential: Bachelor of Laws
Major: Law

Then i did some research and realized that a 4 years bachelors evaluation by WES doesn't imply I found the following answer:

No matter what WES evaluation says, if it gives you an assessment of Bachelors in Law, it will be considered as a professional degree. Thereby implying that it is not up to WES to give you a professional competency. It's up to CIC.

I would appreciate for quick response.
Thank and have a good day
link
ahsonjunani
ahsonjunani

Posted On: 6/12/2022
ahsonjunani
ahsonjunani
Dear Moderator

My university is not there in the institutes' list on WES and it says that if your institute is not listed, you can apply for credential evaluation.

May I know what's credential evaluation? is it the same as WES Equivalency?

My university details are below:

University name: SEGi University

Country of education: Malaysia

Duration: 3 years

Major: Software engineering

CGPA: 3.47
link

Posted On: 6/30/2022
Hi there,

"Credentials" often refer to academic or educational qualifications, such as degrees or diplomas that you have completed or partially-completed. "Credentials" can also refer to occupational qualifications. Credential evaluation is a process in Canada where a third party organization assesses the equivalent Canadian credential to your certificate, degree or diploma. You may wish to contact the organization you received your evaluation from, since there are a few different organizations that provide credential evaluation for school and for work.

If you are concerned about the process at WES, it is best that you follow the steps above and contact WES directly for information specific to your case. You can also find other organizations that provide credential evaluation services in Settlement.Org articles about credential evaluation for school and for work.

Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Roopsichawla
Roopsichawla

Posted On: 7/29/2022
Roopsichawla
Roopsichawla
Hi,

Me and one of my friend are from the same university & same course, also we have been to the university together to get our transcripts and the university provided the sealed envelopes to send it through the university's post office. We both followed the same process and we did everything simultaneously, we collected the sealed envelopes and sent it through the university's post office together like on same day and same time.
But my envelope gets rejected by the WES saying that it is not properly sealed and sent by the university and on the other hand my friend's envelope get accepted by the WES and is approves.

I am so confused and clueless that how it is possible. Please can anyone suggest what to do now, can I ask my university to provide me the payment slips as a proof or should I ask my university to mail WES that yes we have sent the documents. Or do I have to re do the whole process again and spend so much money again because I really don't want to spend so much money again.

Please help.
link

Posted On: 7/31/2022
Hi there,

It is best that you follow the steps above and contact WES directly for information specific to your case and whether or not they will accept information about your case from the university directly. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form. You may also find information on the complaints process at WES helpful from the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
Pravk
Pravk

Posted On: 8/10/2022
Pravk
Pravk
Hello team

I have applied for WES evaluation for bachelors degree only but the report I got included the Masters (which is not needed for me)I sent only my bachelors certificates for the new application and not sure why I received the masters included
I also raised couple of web forms to WES but haven’t got any response from them
This is really important for me
Looking forward for the information that would really help me
Please help me with this issue

Thanks in advance
link

Posted On: 8/18/2022
Pravk wrote:
Hello team

I have applied for WES evaluation for bachelors degree only but the report I got included the Masters (which is not needed for me)I sent only my bachelors certificates for the new application and not sure why I received the masters included
I also raised couple of web forms to WES but haven’t got any response from them
This is really important for me
Looking forward for the information that would really help me
Please help me with this issue

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

It is best that you follow the steps above and contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Since you have not received a response using their contact form, try calling their phone number ((+1) 800-361-6106) and be prepared with your WES reference number. You may also find information on the complaints process at WES helpful from the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link