Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLiving in Ontario

Post information about settling and living in your city in Ontario.

Driver's License exchange 

Newtomississauga
Newtomississauga

Posted On: 2/5/2021
I have a class 5 full driver's license from BC Canada which was issued in Sept 2020. I've moved from BC to Mississauga. Can I exchange my license for a full G licence in Ontario?
link

Posted On: 2/28/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I have a driver's licence from another province in Canada. How do I get an Ontario driver's licence? Here is an excerpt on how this process works:
Your previous driving experience may help you get an Ontario driver's licence faster than a new driver.

The process depends on how much driving experience you have. In all cases, you driver's licence must not be expired, or must have expired less than a year ago.
If you have a driver's licence from a country with a reciprocal agreement, you follow this process, too.

Find more information about exchanging an out-of-province driver's licence on the DriveTest website.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
Anniemgm
Anniemgm

Posted On: 3/12/2021
Anniemgm
Anniemgm
Hello
My husband and I [Canadian Citizen & Permanent Resident] will be repatriating from France [reciprocal agreement with Ontario].

As well as :
  • Pass a vision test to show that you can see well enough to drive safely.
  • Show proof of your previous licence.

How do we “Show Proof of our Driving Experience’ ?

With thanks
link

Posted On: 3/17/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

We called DriveTest at 1-888-570-6110, and an operator described what you will need as proof of driving experience. Since France and Ontario have a license exchange agreement, you will need to show to documents as proof of driving experience:
  • your drivers license, and;
  • a driving abstract that provides a documented history of your driving experience from the state you are licensed in.

If you have any further questions, you may want to contact DriveTest directly. We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link