Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card: Mailing Address update, COPR landing 

Nash_avi
Nash_avi

Posted On: 2/19/2021
Nash_avi
Nash_avi
Hello everyone,

It seems to be a unique case with us unless I hear others have also gone through this experience. It's for those who landed in 2021 on COPR in the country.

Usually, the CBSA officer asks at immigration for a permanent address where the PR Card should be mailed. In our case, the CBSA officer asked us to update the address online and directed us to visit the IRCC website for the same.

This is where it gest frustrating for me. When I go to the website and enter my details on the IRCC website (Address Notification (cic.gc.ca), it keeps giving me the notification that:

"We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
  • Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
  • This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
    Application Processing Times

Hence my request... Anyone who did the first entry in 2021 and the CBSA didn’t take a permanent address to ship the PR Card, how did you go about updating the address to mail PR Card? Will appreciate it if you can share your experience, please.

Any leads or expert suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
link

Posted On: 3/9/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us and the community, we hope folks can share their experiences with you.

It may also be a good idea to contact the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) contact Centre directly for more detailed information about your specific situation .

You can contact them at 1-888-242-2100 if you are in Canada or submit a case-specific enquiry using their web form.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link