Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Address on Citizenship Application 

tamara
tamara

Posted On: 3/28/2021
tamara
tamara
I am ready to submit my citizenship application. I signed a new lease agreement and will be moving houses a couple of weeks after I send my application. Should I indicate the new residence address in the application for Canadian citizenship form? or since I am still not living in this house I have to apply using the address where I currently reside and then notify them of the address change later? I am worried the address change will delay the processing of my application.
Should I attach a letter to my application explaining that I am moving houses or this will be confusing?
link
Lahbib70
Lahbib70

Posted On: 3/29/2021
Lahbib70
Lahbib70
tamara wrote:
I am ready to submit my citizenship application. I signed a new lease agreement and will be moving houses a couple of weeks after I send my application. Should I indicate the new residence address in the application for Canadian citizenship form? or since I am still not living in this house I have to apply using the address where I currently reside and then notify them of the address change later? I am worried the address change will delay the processing of my application.
Should I attach a letter to my application explaining that I am moving houses or this will be confusing?

Hi,
According to the instructions on your application for Canadian citizenship, you can see clearly that they asked about your CURRENT address. Since you have not moved yet, you can always informed them of the change of your address using the IRCC Webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks.
Lahbib
link
tamara
tamara

Posted On: 3/29/2021
tamara
tamara
Lahbib70 wrote:
tamara wrote:

Hi,
According to the instructions on your application for Canadian citizenship, you can see clearly that they asked about your CURRENT address. Since you have not moved yet, you can always informed them of the change of your address using the IRCC Webform:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thanks.
Lahbib

Thank you so much for your response. Does the address change delay the processing of the application?
Since I know that I am definitely changing addresses, do you think enclosing a letter with the application is a good solution?
link