Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Visitor Status in Question 13 

tamara
tamara

Posted On: 4/2/2021
tamara
tamara
I am very confused about question 13 of the citizenship application. The dropdown menu for 'status' includes 'Visitor' as an option. Does that mean I need to include any tourist visas I have ever obtained? And should the US B1/B2 visa be indicated here?
link

Posted On: 4/8/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

According to the Guide: Application for Canadian Citizenship: Adults - Subsection 5(1) CIT 0002, the instructions for question 13 are to:

Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada (e.g. your country of birth)
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
  • End date if no longer valid, if applicable (YYYY-MM-DD). Leave blank if you currently hold this status

We called the IRCC call centre (1-888-242-2100) for guidance, and the operator advised us to include all your travel visas to be on the safe side. You can include as many boxes as you want under this question. You may also want to contact the IRCC Call Centre or use their web form for advice and to confirm this information.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link