Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeFinding a Job / Working

Finding a Job, Job Listings, Labour Market Information (LMI), Starting a Business, Social Insurance Number, Volunteering...

How can I renew my work permit as a student? 

DatTran
DatTran

Posted On: 4/5/2021
DatTran
DatTran
Hi,

I am a student in the process of getting my PR sponsored by my spouse. I got a Co-op work permit six months ago from my student status.

There are two questions that I want to ask about:

1) In question number 3, from the form Imm-5710e ( I am applying for one or more of the following:). Which box should I choose if I want to renew my Work Permit by following 4 boxes below?

1. Apply for work permit with the same employer. 2. Apply for a work permit for first time or with a new employer.

3. Restore my status as worker 4. Get a new temporary resident permit ( for inadmissible applicants only)

2) What type of Work Permit I should apply for? A Open Work Permit?
link

Posted On: 4/7/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It is best that you seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer familiar with immigration law regarding your situation. If you contact 211 and speak to a Community Resource Navigator, they may be able to connect you to local legal services. 211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? , Should I get help with my immigration application from an immigration consultant or lawyer?and What other kinds of legal help can I get? on how to find a reputable and registered lawyer or immigration consultant.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
DatTran
DatTran

Posted On: 4/8/2021
DatTran
DatTran
Thank you so much!
link

Posted On: 4/8/2021
Thank you for sharing your question with us, we wish you the best of luck and hope this information was helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link