Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Urgent processing - citizenship 

Intabaken
Intabaken

Posted On: 6/26/2021
Intabaken
Intabaken
Hi,

I may be can see in the discussion forum, I was inquiring how can I get a fast decision on my citizenship application.
My mother is sick and I need to acquire the citizenship in order to go see in her country. I have received AOR early June 2021. I wonder how fast will I get a decidion. I have also sent through the webform a hospital certificate for support (proof)
Is there any advice you can help with please?
Thank you
link

Posted On: 6/28/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

It sounds like you may want to make a request for urgent processing to grant citizenship. According to IRCC, needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality is considered an emergency and a valid reason for urgent processing. Follow the steps in the Apply for Citizenship - Urgent Processing guide to make a request for urgent processing, and feel free to also speak to a registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your options and specific situation for further advice.

We hope this information is helpful, please feel free to follow up with us if you have any further questions as well.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link