Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PRTD on H & C 

Crystal10
Crystal10

Posted On: 3/22/2018
Crystal10
Crystal10
Hi Everyone!

I have recently landed in Toronto last week on my Permanent Residence visa.

At the POE there was an issue with my COPR since my Marital status hasn't been updated from single to married.

I had applied for my PR through an agency in India and according to them they have sent the mail to cic informing the marital status long back but they did not send the details(Forms,medical and pcc) of my husband to CIC and told me that it's not required.

I Have all the mails with me in which i have given my consultancy the documents of my marriage but unfortunately they dint forward it to cic and it was my fault I blindly believed them.
Now when i landed here, i was stopped at the POE and my passport and Copr was taken by them.

They told me to come back after 2 weeks for further examination.

I am very scared as i dont know what is going to happen on that day.

Will they revoke my PR?

Does anyone have any information on this or went through a similar situation?

Thank you.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/22/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

Crystal10 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I have recently landed in Toronto last week on my Permanent Residence visa.

At the POE there was an issue with my COPR since my Marital status hasn't been updated from single to married.

I had applied for my PR through an agency in India and according to them they have sent the mail to cic informing the marital status long back but they did not send the details(Forms,medical and pcc) of my husband to CIC and told me that it's not required.

I Have all the mails with me in which i have given my consultancy the documents of my marriage but unfortunately they dint forward it to cic and it was my fault I blindly believed them.
Now when i landed here, i was stopped at the POE and my passport and Copr was taken by them.

They told me to come back after 2 weeks for further examination.

I am very scared as i dont know what is going to happen on that day.

Will they revoke my PR?

Does anyone have any information on this or went through a similar situation?

Thank you.

1. The minimum is that CBSA will not process your "landing" and you will have to return to India, and add your spouse to your application.
2. If you had "Landed" as single, you would not be able to sponsor your spouse in the future, and it would have been possible that you be reported for representation.
3. As an aside blaming your consultant will not work, it was your duty to amend the application, return your COPR, and wait until your spouse was examined and new COPRs were issued. If you read the instructions with your COPR you were warned that all changes in family composition must be reported to CIC.
link
Anu90
Anu90

Posted On: 8/1/2018
Anu90
Anu90
I am in the same situation now, I landed in Calgary but I got married after I got my COPR. I was not aware of procedure to get new copr.
Any idea what happens next? I landed alone. I had filled a web form to update but then I got email saying it doesn’t relate to any type of enquiry. I told the officer that I am not single and I am married at the counter. They have currently taken my passport and have asked me to wait for them to call.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 8/2/2018
PMM
PMM
Hi

Anu90 wrote:
I am in the same situation now, I landed in Calgary but I got married after I got my COPR. I was not aware of procedure to get new copr.
Any idea what happens next? I landed alone. I had filled a web form to update but then I got email saying it doesn’t relate to any type of enquiry. I told the officer that I am not single and I am married at the counter. They have currently taken my passport and have asked me to wait for them to call.

1. Probably 2 options, most likely you will not be "landed" as you are no longer single and your spouse was not examined. You probably also received a letter with your COPR that you must inform the Visa office if your marital status changes. And you will have to return home to sort out your application, by adding your spouse and having him/her complete an application.
2. It is extremely unlikely, but if you are "landed" you will not be able to sponsor your spouse.
link
Gulshan
Gulshan

Posted On: 4/25/2019
Gulshan
Gulshan
hi everyone. i got my cpor and then i got married. i did not inform cic about it as i was unaware. I came to canada with my cpor but officer did not land me and asked me to return after 14 days for further examination. please let me know what will happen. will my pr file will be rejected . i have emailed cic about but did not get any response still. whts gona happen. can anyone tell me??
link
ruchikathakur
ruchikathakur

Posted On: 10/3/2019
ruchikathakur
ruchikathakur
I am in same situation as you guys are.
I am new to this forum. I have a different set of conerns wrt my application now. I got married after I received my COPR and informed CIC through mail and even raised web form but haven't heard anything from them until today. According to my COPR I had to land before 7th Oct 2019. And I landed today with my same old COPR. And at the Canada immigration office in Toronto airport, I informed the officer about change in my status. Now my passport has been cease and they have given me a date on which I will have to visit them again to check with new decision which has been made on my application.
I had no clue that I couldn't travel with my old COPR and moreover my spouse had no plans to accompany me anytime soon. So I have decided to go about with my old COPR and now have no clue what's next.
Do you guys got anything further?
link
ruchikathakur
ruchikathakur

Posted On: 10/4/2019
ruchikathakur
ruchikathakur
I am in same situation as you guys are.
I am new to this forum. I have a different set of conerns wrt my application now. I got married after I received my COPR and informed CIC through mail and even raised web form but haven't heard anything from them until today. According to my COPR I had to land before 7th Oct 2019. And I landed today with my same old COPR. And at the Canada immigration office in Toronto airport, I informed the officer about change in my status. Now my passport has been cease and they have given me a date on which I will have to visit them again to check with new decision which has been made on my application.
I had no clue that I couldn't travel with my old COPR and moreover my spouse had no plans to accompany me anytime soon. So I have decided to go about with my old COPR and now have no clue what's next.
Do you guys got anything further?
link
Tmeeto2
Tmeeto2

Posted On: 4/22/2021
Tmeeto2
Tmeeto2
Hi Guys, I’m in a very similar situation.
What happened when you went back for your further examination? It’s urgent
link
ssgupta21
ssgupta21

Posted On: 7/30/2021
ssgupta21
ssgupta21
Hi Everyone,
Hope all are in good health

I studied in Canada on Student visa and worked there for one year and applied under CEC and got my PR in 2016. Due to In and out of my family circumstances, (by younger brother lapsed )and due to COVID situation in last 2 years, i was only able to spent 234 in Canada, and again have to move back to India. My PR card just got expired on May 05, 2021 and definitely i don't meet the residency obligation. Moreover i'm not in Canada. I'm aware of the fact that PR doesn't expires only the card does.

i regularly paying Canadian taxes since 2012, only 2017 and 2020 was not paid, as was not in Canada for even a day.
Now have definite plans to move back to Canada ASAP

Please suggest me the option to go for:

Is it to apply for PRTD under H&C and hope they approve it, and i move to Canada. What are the chances, also right now its a travel restriction from India till August 21, 2021.
Also need to know, if i got in Canada, how will i be able to get a new PR Card, or have to wait 2 years another and then apply, if thats the case, i wont be able travel out of Canada.

Thanks
link

Posted On: 8/3/2021
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

If you do not met their residency requirements, it does not necessarily mean you automatically lose PR status. An official process must begin for one to lose PR status. IRCC may also take humanitarian and compassionate reasons into consideration for your parents extended stay outside of Canada. This is up to IRCC and it would be best for you to contact the local visa office or IRCC via web form to get information and advice specific to your situation.

You may find helpful information in the Community Legal Education of Ontario article, What are humanitarian and compassionate reasons?. Here is an excerpt:
An H&C applicant can give any reasons that they believe will support their application.
Anything that makes others feel compassion and want to help can be the basis for a successful H&C application. For example, the hardship an applicant will face if they have to return to their home country is often a reason that is used.
[...]
Some of the things that an applicant might give as reasons include:
  • how established or settled they are in Canada
  • their ties to Canada, including family ties
  • what would happen if family members were separated
  • their physical health or mental health concerns
  • the impact on their lives of family violence they have experienced or will experience if they have to return to their home country
  • hardship or difficulties they might face if they were sent back to their own country
The decision on an H&C application is "discretionary". This means that immigration officers have a lot of freedom in deciding these applications. But they must base their decisions on the evidence and they must consider all of the evidence as a whole when deciding whether the application is strong enough.

Based on information on the IRCC website, if you would like to return after their PR card has expired, you would need to apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document to return to Canada. According to the IRCC Help Centre article What happens if my permanent resident card expires while I am outside Canada?:
If you’re outside Canada and don’t have a valid PR card, you need a permanent resident travel document (PRTD) to return to Canada. You can only apply for a PRTD from outside Canada. If you try to return to Canada without a PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to take your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.

When you apply for a PR card renewal, as an existing permanent resident who has received their PR card in the past, you will most likely also receive your renewed PR card by mail.

If you did not provide a mailing address when you became a permanent resident, you must send Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada your address through IRCC’s online tool within 180 days of the day on which you became a permanent resident. If you do not do this, IRCC will cancel the PR card and you will have to apply for another one and pay the processing fees.
If you do not receive your PR card within six weeks of giving IRCC your Canadian address, you should let IRCC know.

You may also wish to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about this situation. We hope this information is helpful, if you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
dabar
dabar

Posted On: 11/3/2021
dabar
dabar
Hello,

Thank you for your help, guidance and kindness!

I am applying for my first PR card on an urgent basis for expedited processing.

- I am a permanent resident of Canada residing in Canada. I received my PR close to 30 years ago. I have my original IMM1000.

- I am getting application package ready and completed to apply for my first PR Card.

- As I am filling out the PR Card application, I am asked to write my surname and given name.

- On the IMM1000, it shows my "surname" (last name), my first name(given name), but not my middle name.
- On the PR application, it says, write your name, as it shows on your IMMM1000.
- On my passport, I have my first name, my last name, and my middle name.

I would like my middle name to be on the PR card, as it shows on my passport, and i.e., my first name, my last name, and my middle name.

As it says on the application, write your name as it is written o IMM1000, and as I that, PR Card will be missing my middle name, and on my passport, my middle name is written.

If I write my middle name with my first name, and last name on the PR card application, then the PR card application has my middle name, which is not on the IMM1000.

I am seeking guidance and help to complete PR application.

Thank you!

king regards.
link