Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLandlord and Tenant Information and Issues

Landlord/tenant rights, dealing with problems, where to get help...

Landlord List of Past Proceedings Fines 

ForeShadow
ForeShadow

Posted On: 8/13/2021
ForeShadow
ForeShadow
I'm looking for either a list or past proceedings where the landlord has received LTB fines and rent abatements.

The only proceedings I was able to find is the Woana case for 1000$ illegal entries and one other where it was 50$ per illegal entry.

I have a landlord who breached many laws with multiple counts (my scheduled list of remedies is 40 sections long). I have everything ready to be filed, except a good set of examples of fines for landlords.
link

Posted On: 8/31/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may be interested in the City of Toronto's Investigation Requests & Violations tool. The Investigation Activity Application provides residents with information regarding all investigation activity conducted by the Municipal Licensing & Standards on any property within the City of Toronto. This application shows all records of service requests received, including those where the investigation found that there was no bylaw violation, as well as other enforcement actions taken by the City.

We hope this information is helpful. You may also want to contact the nearest Community Legal Clinic for some advice regarding your situation. You can find the nearest one by using this tool here.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link