Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeLandlord and Tenant Information and Issues

Landlord/tenant rights, dealing with problems, where to get help...

Help Finding A Lawyer 

ForeShadow
ForeShadow

Posted On: 8/13/2021
ForeShadow
ForeShadow
Hi,

I'm looking to see if any Lawyer wants to represent me for free versus one of the worst landlords in Ontario. I have all documents ready including "Schedule A - Statement of Facts" (61 sections) and "Schedule B – Remedy Sought" (38 remedies).

I'm a professional who writes engineering documentations for transport, aviation and nuclear sectors. I estimate around 4 hours of work to review my documentation and meet with me if needed plus representation in court.

List of infringements:
1. Vital Services interruptions (9 counts)
Refusal to provide rent receipt (2 counts)3. Illegally attempting to increase rent (1 count)

Illegally attempting evictions (7 counts) 5. Illegally destroying Tenants property (1 count)

Harass, obstruct, coerce, threaten or interfere with a tenant (15 counts)7. Damaging Tenants property (1 count)
Illegal entry without notice (5 counts)9. Maintenance issues (3 counts)
Serious breach of safety, housing and maintenance standards (1 count)

Illegally collecting additional charges (2 counts)

Changing the locks or prohibiting the Tenant to access his apartment (3 counts)

“No pet” provision and substantial interference (1 count)

Thanks
link

Posted On: 8/31/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer?
and What other kinds of legal help can I get? on how to find a reputable and registered lawyer or immigration consultant.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link