Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Left canada in emergency 

Shane83
Shane83

Posted On: 9/15/2021
Shane83
Shane83
Good morning. I left Canada in an emergency as my mum was sick a day after I landed in the UK she passed away. Now here's the problem my PR card expired in January this year. I had no plans on leaving Canada and had just 2 months ago started the process of renewing my PR card witch hasnt turned up yet. So I'm stuck in the UK and a PRTD can take up to 8 weeks. I have heard of people being able to fly with expired PR cards. Could I be able to fly? Has anyone ever had to deal with this? I'm trying to contact Marco the immigration MP also to try help. Any advice would be great. My whole life is in Canada and not here anymore
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 9/15/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

Shane83 wrote:
Good morning. I left Canada in an emergency as my mum was sick a day after I landed in the UK she passed away. Now here's the problem my PR card expired in January this year. I had no plans on leaving Canada and had just 2 months ago started the process of renewing my PR card witch hasnt turned up yet. So I'm stuck in the UK and a PRTD can take up to 8 weeks. I have heard of people being able to fly with expired PR cards. Could I be able to fly? Has anyone ever had to deal with this? I'm trying to contact Marco the immigration MP also to try help. Any advice would be great. My whole life is in Canada and not here anymore

1. With an expired PR card, the airline will not allow you to board a direct flight to Canada.
2. You can either apply for a PRTD or fly to the US (assuming you have a visa) and cross the land boarder to Canada. You would probably be allowed to enter with the expired PR card and other proof of residency in Canada.
link