Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeGeneral Citizenship Questions

Citizenship tests, timelines, oaths, eligibility, application process, requirements

Citizenship test 

ase786
ase786

Posted On: 9/25/2021
ase786
ase786
Hi,

In few month of time, we’ll apply for out citizenship.

So my question is do we have to give citizenship test first and when we get invitation than apply application
OR

We have to apply application and than give citizenship test

OR

Both can do together and does citizenship test have any expiry date like IELTS?

Please help me and I very nervous and also new to forum 😰😰😰
link

Posted On: 9/30/2021
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You can find detailed information regarding applying for Canadian Citizenship in our Settlement.Org article, How do I apply for Canadian Citizenship?

Here is an excerpt on the process:
Application Process
  • Download and fill out the forms in the Canadian Citizen Application Package for both you and your children.
  • Include all supporting documents.
  • Pay the application fee.
  • Mail your application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada.
[...]

If your application is accepted you have to write a citizenship test. Children under 18 years of age and persons 54 and over do not have to write the citizenship test. Find out more in How can I prepare for the citizenship test?

According to the IRCC article about the online citizenship test, if you are invited to take an online test, you have 21 days from the date of the invitation to take the test. If you need an extension, email the office that sent you the test invitation with your explanation. IRCC officers give extensions on a case-by-case basis.

We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
ase786
ase786

Posted On: 10/1/2021
ase786
ase786
Hi ,

Thank you very much for your help and reply!

However when I am trying to open minor application documents check list it’s not opening.

Secondly,we are family of 4 people
( 2 adults,2 minors) .

So my question is do we have to apply as whole family of we have to apply individually for each?
link