Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR CARD RENEWAL- RETURNED APPLICATION 

harpit
harpit

Posted On: 11/22/2021
harpit
harpit
HI,

My daughter's application ( minor child) for PR renewal was returned by IRCC few days back. I sent original application in June and was received by IRCC on 10 June 2021. The application form was signed on 30 May 2021.
The letter from IRCC indicates that your application is not complete and therefore is being fully returned to you for following reasons. Their letter is dated 1 Oct 2021, which I received few days back in 2nd week of Nov 2021. The reasons are -
1) Your photos do not meet the specifications
2) Application dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC will require that you update your absences, re-sing and re-date the application, otherwise application will be returned as incomplete.

I need to provide new photos as per first item.

I don't understand the second item. My application was received by IRCC in time and is not stale dated or post dated. Their processing delay has dragged this from June to Nov 2021 and now they need updated application. I am confused with this. Should I fill out the form (IMM 5444) entirely and update section C item 19 (Address history), item 20 (work history) and item 21 (Travel history) with current dates and sign and send the form with documents, OR
I only update the section C - item 21 ( Travel history period to be assessed i.e xx Nov 2016 to xx Nov 2021) of the IMM 5444 and change the date on signature page (section G item 25) and send it back.

Thank you for your time and help !
Harpit
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 11/25/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

harpit wrote:
HI,

My daughter's application ( minor child) for PR renewal was returned by IRCC few days back. I sent original application in June and was received by IRCC on 10 June 2021. The application form was signed on 30 May 2021.
The letter from IRCC indicates that your application is not complete and therefore is being fully returned to you for following reasons. Their letter is dated 1 Oct 2021, which I received few days back in 2nd week of Nov 2021. The reasons are -
1) Your photos do not meet the specifications
2) Application dated more than 90 days before being received by IRCC will require that you update your absences, re-sing and re-date the application, otherwise application will be returned as incomplete.

I need to provide new photos as per first item.

I don't understand the second item. My application was received by IRCC in time and is not stale dated or post dated. Their processing delay has dragged this from June to Nov 2021 and now they need updated application. I am confused with this. Should I fill out the form (IMM 5444) entirely and update section C item 19 (Address history), item 20 (work history) and item 21 (Travel history) with current dates and sign and send the form with documents, OR
I only update the section C - item 21 ( Travel history period to be assessed i.e xx Nov 2016 to xx Nov 2021) of the IMM 5444 and change the date on signature page (section G item 25) and send it back.

Thank you for your time and help !

Harpit

1. The application was not processed, so you can't just send in the old application. You have to update with any absences up to the date you sign the new application.
link