Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PASSPORT REQUEST for PRTD 

holydevil
holydevil

Posted On: 11/23/2021
holydevil
holydevil
Greetings,

I received the passport request which would be sent through VFS under PRTD on November 20th,2021. However, my current passport is about to expire In January mid-2022. Will it be fine if I submit the new passport to VFS? Also, in the passport request mail, there is no timeline specified for submitting the passport.
link
holydevil
holydevil

Posted On: 12/2/2021
holydevil
holydevil
Can someone please help me out? holydevil wrote:
Greetings,

I received the passport request which would be sent through VFS under PRTD on November 20th,2021. However, my current passport is about to expire In January mid-2022. Will it be fine if I submit the new passport to VFS? Also, in the passport request mail, there is no timeline specified for submitting the passport.
link

Posted On: 12/2/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It may be a good idea to contact your local visa office or IRCC via web form to get information and advice specific to your situation.

Generally after you apply for a Permanent Resident Travel Document,
After you send your application through a visa application centre (VAC), a VAC agent will review it to make sure your application is complete and has all the documents specified in the checklist.
A visa officer will then assess your application to determine whether you have met your residency obligations and whether you are still a permanent resident of Canada. The visa officer will decide if you need an interview. If you do, the VAC will tell you the time and place of your interview.
If a visa officer refuses your application, we will return your passport and other documents to you. If you sent false documents, we will not return them.

If a visa officer approves your application, we will return your passport and original documents to you with your permanent resident travel document.

We hope this information is helpful. You may also wish to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about this situation. We hope this information is helpful, if you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link