Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Immigration procedure at initial place of arrival 

Austin2004
Austin2004

Posted On: 12/12/2021
Austin2004
Austin2004
Dear all,

Can anyone advise on how much time it will take for the immigration procedure at the initial place of arrival in Canada? My spouse, who has the COPR, first port of arrival in Canada will most likely be Toronto before taking another flight to Montreal. How much time should be planned for the immigration procedure in order not to miss the connecting flight?

Thank you,
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 12/13/2021
PMM
PMM
Hi

Austin2004 wrote:
Dear all,

Can anyone advise on how much time it will take for the immigration procedure at the initial place of arrival in Canada? My spouse, who has the COPR, first port of arrival in Canada will most likely be Toronto before taking another flight to Montreal. How much time should be planned for the immigration procedure in order not to miss the connecting flight?

Thank you,

1. Depending on how busy Toronto Airport is, I would allow 3-4 hours. Note there are hourly flights between Toronto and Montreal.
link
Austin2004
Austin2004

Posted On: 12/18/2021
Austin2004
Austin2004
Thank you for your reply PMM. Much appreciated.
link
Austin2004
Austin2004

Posted On: 1/2/2022
Austin2004
Austin2004
Dear All,

For the COPR immigration procedure at Toronto Pearson Airport are they open 24hours? Do we need to consider what time to arrive in Toronto to ensure we can get processed? I think they should be open to process immigration arrivals so long as the airport is open. However would like to confirm if my understanding is correct?

Thank you,
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 1/4/2022
PMM
PMM
Hi

Austin2004 wrote:
Dear All,

For the COPR immigration procedure at Toronto Pearson Airport are they open 24hours? Do we need to consider what time to arrive in Toronto to ensure we can get processed? I think they should be open to process immigration arrivals so long as the airport is open. However would like to confirm if my understanding is correct?

Thank you,

1. CBSA is there for processing when any international flight arrives.
link
Austin2004
Austin2004

Posted On: 1/23/2022
Austin2004
Austin2004
Thank you for your reply PMM. Again much appreciated.
link