Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Frequent Travels, is it a problem for PR renewal ? 

EssaMohy
EssaMohy

Posted On: 2/17/2022
EssaMohy
EssaMohy
Hi
Having business meetings outside Canada, I applied for urgent PR renewal supported by documents, tickets, hotel bookings, etc. I applied on 17/11/2021, received a confirmation receipt email on 23/11/2021 and the online status turned to DECISION MADE on 12/12/2021.
Since then, no news at all, no card mailed, no invitation to collect it personally, or even no request of any additional information !
Landed on May 2016 for 2 weeks and left Canada. Since my return on August 2018 to end of 2021, I have stayed 740 days but not continuous, and in the beginning it was short periods due to my frequent business travels. I contacted a lawyer to ask what could be the reason on this delay, and he said maybe the officer is not satisfied of my file profile due to frequent travels, or because I barely completed the period required !
Could this be a valid reason for delay ? or a reason to refuse my file ? Please advise.
link

Posted On: 2/28/2022
EssaMohy wrote:
Hi
Having business meetings outside Canada, I applied for urgent PR renewal supported by documents, tickets, hotel bookings, etc. I applied on 17/11/2021, received a confirmation receipt email on 23/11/2021 and the online status turned to DECISION MADE on 12/12/2021.
Since then, no news at all, no card mailed, no invitation to collect it personally, or even no request of any additional information !
Landed on May 2016 for 2 weeks and left Canada. Since my return on August 2018 to end of 2021, I have stayed 740 days but not continuous, and in the beginning it was short periods due to my frequent business travels. I contacted a lawyer to ask what could be the reason on this delay, and he said maybe the officer is not satisfied of my file profile due to frequent travels, or because I barely completed the period required !
Could this be a valid reason for delay ? or a reason to refuse my file ? Please advise.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It is best that you contact the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) contact Centre directly for more detailed information about your specific situation .

You can contact them at:

1-888-242-2100 (In Canada Only)

You can also submit a case-specific enquiry:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

It sounds like you may also want a second opinion, in which case you may find helpful information in the Settlement.Org articles, How do I find a lawyer? and What other kinds of legal help can I get? on how to find a reputable and registered lawyer or immigration consultant.

It may also help to connect with a community resource navigator at 211 to narrow your search.

211 Ontario is a free, confidential service. Their phone service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Here is a link to their live chat if you prefer to communicate online. Their live chat service is available Monday to Friday from 7am-9pm ET.

The Settlement.Org article, Should I get help with my immigration application from an immigration consultant or lawyer? may provide information on the type of help and advice you can receive from a lawyer or immigration consultant.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link
EssaMohy
EssaMohy

Posted On: 3/1/2022
EssaMohy
EssaMohy
Good day
I have already called IRCC twice but they did not give any feedback or even request for extra information.
Just told me in the first call you have to wait , and in the second call that they issued the card and sent it to a local office long time ago !
Any advise ?
link