Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR card expiry does not match my online profile 

ChrisJonker
ChrisJonker

Posted On: 2/18/2022
ChrisJonker
ChrisJonker
Hello everyone,

In planning my travels for the end of the year, I checked all my paperwork to start getting things in order and noticed that the expiration date on my PR card is 09 Oct 2023 but my online profile is 19 April 2019 (less than one year after date of issue).

Does this mean that I have to update my PR card before travelling? Or is that date on the card sufficient?

Since the issue of my PR in 2018 I have only left the country for one month.

Thank you in advance
link

Posted On: 2/25/2022
ChrisJonker wrote:
Hello everyone,

In planning my travels for the end of the year, I checked all my paperwork to start getting things in order and noticed that the expiration date on my PR card is 09 Oct 2023 but my online profile is 19 April 2019 (less than one year after date of issue).

Does this mean that I have to update my PR card before travelling? Or is that date on the card sufficient?

Since the issue of my PR in 2018 I have only left the country for one month.

Thank you in advance

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

It is best that you contact the IRCC Client Support Centre directly for information specific to your application, you may want to contact them via webform or call at 1-888-242-2100.

We hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link