Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Visa For Child Born Outside Canada To PRs 

Jason_1382
Jason_1382

Posted On: 3/28/2022
Jason_1382
Jason_1382
My wife, myself & my 2 children (Daughter 5 years & Son 3 years) are all Canadian PR's since Sep 2019.
We are Indian Nationals living in Singapore.
We are expecting our third child in November 2022.
We plan on moving to Canada in April 2023.
1) How can we bring our third child to Canada with us, since he/she will not be a Canadian PR? Can we immediately apply for a TRV for the new child when he/she is born and what are the chances that the TRV will be granted in 4 months?
2) Can we apply a tourist visa for the child and bring them into Canada on that ?
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 3/28/2022
PMM
PMM
Hi

Jason_1382 wrote:
My wife, myself & my 2 children (Daughter 5 years & Son 3 years) are all Canadian PR's since Sep 2019.
We are Indian Nationals living in Singapore.
We are expecting our third child in November 2022.
We plan on moving to Canada in April 2023.
1) How can we bring our third child to Canada with us, since he/she will not be a Canadian PR? Can we immediately apply for a TRV for the new child when he/she is born and what are the chances that the TRV will be granted in 4 months?
2) Can we apply a tourist visa for the child and bring them into Canada on that ?

1. In your previous post you said that you left Canada 15 days after "landing". To maintain your PR status you must return to Canada before October 2022. To maintain your PR status you must reside in Canada for 2 years in every 5 year period.

2. If you wait until April 2023, it is unlikely your child would receive a TRV are you and your family would no longer be in compliance of your RO.
link