Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

About revoking a name change 

marc
marc

Posted On: 4/7/2022
marc
marc
I had made a name change 10 years ago, with which I have renewed my PR card twice already. This year, my PR card will be renewed again. For convenience, I want to use my old name on my PR card to match my passport.
When I fill out the application form IMM5444e, I was wondering if I could just leave question 5 blank and only fill in question 4.
I appreciate your answer. Thanks!
link

Posted On: 4/30/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

With a name change, it is important that all of your government-issued identification has your updated name. You will want to fill out #4 with the name that is on the documentation you are submitting (record of landing, copr, or previous PR card). You only need to fill #5 if your name is now different to the name on your previous immigration document. I hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
marc
marc

Posted On: 5/1/2022
marc
marc
Many thanks!
link
marc
marc

Posted On: 5/1/2022
marc
marc
Many thanks!

Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

With a name change, it is important that all of your government-issued identification has your updated name. You will want to fill out #4 with the name that is on the documentation you are submitting (record of landing, copr, or previous PR card). You only need to fill #5 if your name is now different to the name on your previous immigration document. I hope this information is helpful, please follow up with us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link