Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

Applying for a PRTD through email to IRCC 

ClaireShen
ClaireShen

Posted On: 4/29/2022
ClaireShen
ClaireShen
Hi,

Because of family reasons, my husband and I live outside of Canada. We plan to go back to Canada soon, because of my PR card expired, therefore, I applied a PRTD in order to go back to Canada to renew my PR. ( I have checked and I am qualified for applying PRTD).
My question is, due to covid, the VAC office here is closed, and indicate that customers to send all the requirements documents to IRCC by email.
I have followed the instruction and sent out an email on April. 18, 2022. However, I haven't received any knowledge or respond from IRCC. nothing.
I have double checked the email address is correct, and there is no way for me to check the status of my application but only waiting and hoping that they have received my application successfully and will respond to my application later. Anyone has similar experience? Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Claire Shen
link
ClaireShen
ClaireShen

Posted On: 5/1/2022
ClaireShen
ClaireShen
updated:

After 2 weeks of waiting, i have received an acknowledgement from IRCC finally, problem solved. Thanks.
link
nikola
nikola

Posted On: 5/10/2022
nikola
nikola
Hi, Claire.

I am wondering, did you receive your PRTD yet? I have been waiting for more than 9 weeks to get a PRTD.

ClaireShen wrote:
updated:

After 2 weeks of waiting, i have received an acknowledgement from IRCC finally, problem solved. Thanks.
link
nikola
nikola

Posted On: 5/10/2022
nikola
nikola
ClaireShen wrote:
updated:

After 2 weeks of waiting, I have received an acknowledgement from IRCC finally, problem solved. Thanks.

I received an acknowledgement letter a few minutes after sending an email, but haven't got my PRTD after 9 weeks of waiting.
link
ClaireShen
ClaireShen

Posted On: 5/13/2022
ClaireShen
ClaireShen
Hi Nikola,

I have received an acknowledgement which showed my application was approved, and the final decision will be made on May 12, however, It is May 13 today and I have not yet received any new message / update from IRCC, hopefully soon, fingers crossed.
As for your situation, it is not normal of waiting for 9 months without any respond, you should find a way to contact IRCC for further information. Good luck!
link
Niralpatel5193
Niralpatel5193

Posted On: 6/16/2023
Niralpatel5193
Niralpatel5193
At which mail id you send documents to IRCC pls share mail id

@Clairshen
link

Posted On: 6/30/2023
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

You can find information on how to apply and where to submit your application in the PRTD guide on the IRCC website. For updates related to your specific case it is best that you contact IRCC using their web form. It may also be useful to note that processing time does not include the wait time before they receive the application, and starts once they receive a completed application. You may find it helpful to check processing times using the calculator on the IRCC website. It may also be helpful to seek the advice of a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about your situation.

If you find yourself in a position where you need to travel and do not yet have your PR card, you may also find helpful information in the Settlement.Org article, I need to leave Canada but do not have my PR card yet. What should I do?
We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link