Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeQuestions about Permanent Residency

Note that Settlement.Org is unable to answer questions about how to immigrate. Residency requirements, Government in Canada, Bringing child born overseas...

Landing in Canada 

MehakB
MehakB

Posted On: 6/4/2022
MehakB
MehakB
Hi

I have been invited to Canada under Ontario PNP.

Do I need to land in Ontario only as I have Ontario PNP?

Or else,Can I book my flight ticket to Montreal (Quebec) and then take a connecting flight from there to Toronto?
link

Posted On: 6/20/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may choose to book a flight ticket to Montreal and take a connecting flight to Toronto. If a customs officer at the airport has questions about your intentions to honour the commitment you made to live in Ontario as a provincial nominee, you may want to bring documentation that supports you have plans to reside in Ontario. Documentation about your connecting flight, where you intend to live, where you have been applying for jobs, etc. may help you in making this clear.

We hope that this general information is helpful and we recommend that you seek legal help from a lawyer or a licensed consultant familiar with Canadian immigration to obtain assistance about your particular circumstances.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
rajsharma3
rajsharma3

Posted On: 2/1/2024
rajsharma3
rajsharma3
Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may choose to book a flight ticket to Montreal and take a connecting flight to Toronto. If a customs officer at the airport has questions about your intentions to honour the commitment you made to live in Ontario as a provincial nominee, you may want to bring documentation that supports you have plans to reside in Ontario. Documentation about your connecting flight, where you intend to live, where you have been applying for jobs, etc. may help you in making this clear.

We hope that this general information is helpful and we recommend that you check onip calculator or seek legal help from a lawyer or a licensed consultant familiar with Canadian immigration to obtain assistance about your particular circumstances.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team

As an Ontario PNP nominee, you can choose to land in any Canadian port of entry. However, ensure you meet all immigration requirements and consider logistical factors like travel arrangements and quarantine protocols.
link