Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Can I ask to revoke her work permit? 

eiseneim
eiseneim

Posted On: 7/8/2022
eiseneim
eiseneim
Hi everyone. I came to Quebec as an international student. I left my girlfriend in my country. And came back after 6 months to marry her. She apply for a work permit to come to Canada. Her request was accepted. But as soon as she arrived in Canada, she told me that she is not interested in sex anymore. She is not here to care of a husband. She was never interested in mariage. One month later I discover some strange conversation between in one of my friends who lives in Quebec (like there has been something between them). Bottom line is there no marital life between us. I start think that she only married me just to come to Canada.

My question is, can I ask IRCC to revoke her work permit? Since I cannot force her to leave Canada.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 7/8/2022
PMM
PMM
Hi

eiseneim wrote:
Hi everyone. I came to Quebec as an international student. I left my girlfriend in my country. And came back after 6 months to marry her. She apply for a work permit to come to Canada. Her request was accepted. But as soon as she arrived in Canada, she told me that she is not interested in sex anymore. She is not here to care of a husband. She was never interested in mariage. One month later I discover some strange conversation between in one of my friends who lives in Quebec (like there has been something between them). Bottom line is there no marital life between us. I start think that she only married me just to come to Canada.
My question is, can I ask IRCC to revoke her work permit? Since I cannot force her to leave Canada.

1. No.
2. If you separate, you can inform CIC that you are no longer common/law and her SOWP would not be renewed, but you have to separate.
link
eiseneim
eiseneim

Posted On: 7/10/2022
eiseneim
eiseneim
Thanks for the reply @PMP. For how long should we be separated? What proof should I have that we are seperated?

Thank you.
link
eiseneim
eiseneim

Posted On: 7/10/2022
eiseneim
eiseneim
One last question: Can her open work permit be renewed without my consent?
link