Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

Do I need to register my marriage? 

jasonesperadii
jasonesperadii

Posted On: 9/8/2022
jasonesperadii
jasonesperadii
Hi,

I am a Pakistani national and currently an International student in living in Toronto. I recently got married with a Canadian citizen who is also from a Pakistani origin. My marriage is registered with the Canadian marriage registry in Calgary. However, we both live together in Toronto after the marriage. Now I am going to apply for the PR process on the sponsorship of my wife. So, may I need to register my marriage with the Pakistani embassy in order to show the evidence that our marriage is registered in the origin country as well. This is because the PR process requires so much evidence to prove it's a legal marriage apart from the event pics, social media pics, Canadian marriage registration document, etc.

I would like to have the opinion of the this online community.

I will appreciate your timely response.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 9/11/2022
PMM
PMM
Hi

jasonesperadii wrote:
Hi,

I am a Pakistani national and currently an International student in living in Toronto. I recently got married with a Canadian citizen who is also from a Pakistani origin. My marriage is registered with the Canadian marriage registry in Calgary. However, we both live together in Toronto after the marriage. Now I am going to apply for the PR process on the sponsorship of my wife. So, may I need to register my marriage with the Pakistani embassy in order to show the evidence that our marriage is registered in the origin country as well. This is because the PR process requires so much evidence to prove it's a legal marriage apart from the event pics, social media pics, Canadian marriage registration document, etc.

I would like to have the opinion of the this online community.

I will appreciate your timely response.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

1/ No, If the marriage was registered in Calgary, it is a valid marriage.
2/ CIC might have questions if there was No Nikahnama
link