Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeThe Landing Experience

Questions about how to prepare for your first arrival in Canada - customs, proof of funds, initial settlement help, etc... Tell us what happened when you first landed in Canada.

Port of entry and final destination port 

Ripon
Ripon

Posted On: 9/25/2022
Ripon
Ripon
Is it Ok if I land at Toronto airport as an PNP immigrant to Saskatchewan and visit my relative for 2-3 days who resides in Torornto and then move to Saskatchewan 2-3 days later. Is there any obligation by CBSA if I visit my relatives in another province before I arrive my final port of destination?
link

Posted On: 9/29/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

You may choose to book a flight ticket to Toronto and take a connecting flight later to Saskatchewan. If a customs officer at the airport has questions about your intentions to honour the commitment you made to live in Saskatchewan as a provincial nominee, you may want to bring documentation that supports you have plans to reside in Saskatchewan and a flight booked as well. Documentation about your connecting flight, where you intend to live, where you have been applying for jobs, etc. may help you in making this clear.

We hope that this general information is helpful and we recommend that you seek legal help from a lawyer or a licensed consultant familiar with Canadian immigration to obtain assistance about your particular circumstances.

Please let us know if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link