Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Are CUAET students eligible for OSAP? 

Olena
Olena

Posted On: 10/28/2022
Olena
Olena
Чи мають право студенти CUEAT брати участь у Програмі допомоги студентам Онтаріо (OSAP)?

Are CUAET students eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)?
link

Posted On: 10/31/2022
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us, we appreciate your interest in this kind of information.

According to this CLEO resource, Ukrainians arriving through the CUAET program will not be eligible for OSAP upon arrival. Still, according to the web sites of several Ontario universities, if a Ukrainian student or their parent holds a work permit, then the student is eligible for domestic tuition. It is recommended that anyone hoping to receive domestic tuition speak directly to the university at which they hope to study to confirm that possession of a work permit by themselves or their parent will be sufficient to be granted domestic tuition rates.

You may also find some detailed information regarding OSAP eligibility in our Settlement.Org articles Who is eligible for the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)? and What kinds of financial help can I get for my education?

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link