Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomePermanent Resident Card

How to apply, processing time, if you're outside of Canada...

PR Card renewal 

Thomas1
Thomas1

Posted On: 1/10/2023
Thomas1
Thomas1
I applied for PR card renewal for my mother in January 2022. She did not meet the residency requirements due to Covid impact. When I checked status in early December 2022, it says "decision made". I read on their website that when it says decision made, ideally they would let us know within 4 weeks whether the PR card renewal application was accepted or rejected. However, its more than 4 weeks and nothing has come from the government. . Its been more than a year since I applied for PR card renewal. Where should I follow up? Is there an email, forum or board to check this with the government. Nobody picks up the phone.
link

Posted On: 1/31/2023
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

IRCC may take humanitarian and compassionate reasons into consideration for your mother staying outside of Canada for an extended period of time during the pandemic. This is up to IRCC and it would be best for you or your mother to contact the local visa office or IRCC via web form to get more details about her specific application and what kind of supporting documents she may require. You may also wish to consult a reputable and registered immigration consultant or an immigration lawyer about her situation.

We hope this information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link